Wednesday, May 5, 2021
On May 18th, Dr. Lynnda Nadien, Dr. Joseph Netto, and Sisi Townson are running for relection to the Plainedge Board of Education.
Accomplishments in Fiscal & Educational Accountability
Curriculum & Instruction
- Low class size (one of the lowest in Nassau County) allows for more individualized instruction
- Ongoing staff training and evaluation assures best classroom practices
- Added 20 new electives at Plainedge High School over the past five years, including Media/TV Production Studio Courses
- Extensive STEAM and Robotics Program; Acellus Robotics in Special Ed classrooms; Smart Music Program
- Every child provided a technology device to access 24/7 in-person or hybrid Zoom learning
- Created STARS Morning and Afternoon Enrichment Academies and Summer Enrichment Program Grades K-8
- New Adult Education Program is open to all segments of the adult population in our community
Fiscal Management and Accountability
- The ONLY School Board on Long Island that has NOT raised property taxes TWICE in the past four years
- Stringent purchasing policies and checks and balances in place to safeguard district funds
- NY State Audits and Independent External Audits review all expenditures and financial transactions
- Prudent management of reserve funds enables ongoing improvements to facilities without raising taxes
- All budget information presented at public meetings and posted on the district website assures transparency
Safety & Security
- Installed Visitor Management Systems, Security Vestibules, and One Button Lock Down for Emergencies
- Increased Safety and Security Personnel District-wide to assure a safe learning environment for all
EXPERIENCE + COMMITMENT = POSITIVE IMPACT
Click here to find out more about the candidates.
Click here to download a flyer to distribute.